Thursday, December 20, 2007

Lightroom Keyword Tricks - Inside Lightroom

Source O'Reilly Digital Media

Written by Ken Milburn

 

I'm writing this piece as part of my own journey of discovery while looking for ways to improve on my keywords. There are three reasons I want to do this: (1) I want to build a list of keywords that will be consistent when I'm looking for a particular category of photos, regardless of what that category may be. (2) I have a lot of catching up to do in the keywording of my own library and if I don't start now, I'll never get there. (3) I want to be able to quickly put together "collections" of similar styles and subjects for both publication inquiries and fine-art exhibits, and --most important saved for last -- (4) Captions and keywords are the only way buyers are going to find the pictures they want to buy. If your picture doesn't come up when they do their search, you're not going to make a sale.

Lightroom provides you the ability to search and (nearly instantly find) any image in a given Catalog for any single item in an image's metadata. However, when looking for specific types or styles of images, keywords are the part of that metadata that, if properly set up, allow you to find the images you're looking for most quickly. Read it All...

,,

No comments: