Thursday, July 05, 2007

Getting Photos from Lightroom to the iPhone - O'Reilly Digital Media Blog

What is the hottest gadget on the market today? Anyone? Anyone? OK, in case you have been hiding under a rock, it is the iPhone.

Now, second question; How long will it take someone to move a photo from Lightroom to the iPhone? Anyone? How about less than a week!.

Here is an article from James Duncan Davidson over at O'Reilly who will show you how.

"One of the things I’m sure many photographers thought when they saw the iPhone for the first time is, “What a wonderful way to take my portfolio with me wherever I go!” With it’s brilliant screen and easy pocket-ability, it’s a natural way to take your work with you and show it to anybody you happen to meet. But what’s the easiest way to get images from Lightroom to the iPhone? After a few hours playing with all the other features of the iPhone, I took a bit of time and set out to find out for myself.

The start of our exploration is in iTunes, which controls syncing of data to and from the iPhone. In the Photos section of the iPhone sync screens, we can control where to get photos onto our iPhone from. The following screenshot is from my computer where I’ve got the options of iPhoto, Aperture, and a folder on my hard drive:"

Read Full Story...

,,,,,,

No comments: